New Pages from the Ordinance Soldier's Guide:
• Commando Combat - Basic Hand to Hand Combat
• Tips from an Old Top Kick - Practical Hints & Tips
• Know Your Enemy: Basic Unform & Tactics info about the Japanese & German Soldiers.
I've also added info from the Ordinance Soldiers Guide to some of the pages dealing with Uniforms, Insignia, and Foxholes.
• Sons of Valor VI - Western Front tactical in Camden, SC. March 2010
After quite a long pause, I've started working on my website again. I have switched the site to a new host, and will start making updates to the site soon.
• Improving your Impression & your Life - My attempt to NOT be a fat reenactor.
• Camden Military Timeline 2008 - Camden, S.C
• Liberty Belle 2008 - The B17, Liberty Belle, returns to England
• Spring Hill, Tn 2007 - Feb 1945 tactical hosted by the 30th Div in Tennessee
• About 3rd Platoon - Basic
info about our group's impressions, vehicles, etc.
• Uniform Requirements - 3rd Platoon's WW1, WW2, and VN uniform requirements.
• Events Calendar - Events of interest to 3rd Platoon members.
• FM 24-9 - Combined United States - British Radiotelephone (R/T) Procedure, 1942
• Combat Lessons - Excerpts from "Combat Lessons" pamphlets printed during 1944
Links - I moved the Links section to their own page. I've done this to make the main index page smaller, and therefore load faster.
New Unit Links added.
• WWII Medic - FREE Web Printable Paperwork & more
• Liri Valley - Tactical in Ocala Florida, Jan 2005
• Tullahoma, Tn 2005 - Reduction of
Kampfgruppe Peiper Tactical, December 2005
• Footlocker Layout Detailed Description - Detailed view & item description of Footlocker Tray contents. Written by Jeff Reed
Site interface revised! OK, it's not exactly finished, but it's a start. I've started the redesign of the site for three main reasons.
• 60mm Mortar Demonstration - script used
to introduce troops to the 60mm Mortar at Ft. McClellan during WW2 NEW
Dogtags & Serial Numbers - Army Regulations for the information on dogtags (early & late war) and How to pick a correct Army Serial Number for your impression. On the "Strictly GI" website, written by Alain S. Batens. External LINK (revised)
• Southern Wing -
Photos of some of the members of the Southern Wing of the Airmens Preservation
• Celebrate Freedom 2004 - Airshow in Camden, South Carolina, November 2004
• Iwo Jima +60 - 60th Anniversary of the Battle of Iwo Jima, Fredericksburg, Texas, 2005
• 8th AF Living History - Mighty 8th AF Museum, Savannah, Ga., 2005
• Army Birthday 2005 - Celebration of the Birthday of the Army at Ft. McPherson, Ga, 2005
• Reading, Pa. 2005 - Airshow & WW2 Weekend in Reading, Pennsylvania, June 2005
• Extended Order Introduction
- Basic info on squad formations.
Cover & Movement - Dropping to the Prone Position from a Run - Alternate Method
Hand Signals - Basic Combat Signaling. - added wedge & skirmishers signals
• Crossing Barbed Wire - how to silently cut barded wire
• Marches & Bivouacs - Hints & Tips for a safe & healthy march
• Lettering - Proper handwriting for messages and reports
• Field Wire Spice - How to splice field phone wire
• Field Wire Ties - How to secure field phone wire to trees, etc
• Field Telephones - Basic field phone diagnostic tests
• Batteries - Specs & Info on common Signal Corps Batteries
Some New & Revised Links
Classes of Uniform - Illustration
of Class "A" thru Class "D" uniforms
10 Laws of Self Aid - Ten steps to self aid for wounds in combat.
When to Salute - When you should & shouldn't salute
The Correct Way to Make Your Bunk - illustrated instructions on proper bunk making.
Mechanized Personal Equipment - Personal Gear Inspection Layout for mechanized troops (came from Signal Corp Training Workbook)
Hygiene - Personal Care of the Individual Soldier
Marking of Clothing - Illustrated how to & where to guide on marking clothing.
M1936 Pack - How to make & attach the bedroll for the M1936 Musette Bag
How & Why to Use Your Gas Mask - How to ID the types of Gas, how to put on a gasmask, and other necessary procedures.
The Expert Infantry Badge - Background
history about the EIB
Battle of the Bulge 2004 - Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, Jan 2004
Liri Valley - Tactical in Ocala Florida, Jan 2004
Slanguage - USAAF slang terms - From "I've Got Wings" training pamphlet
Some New Links
Battalion Headquarters Company and
Company Headquarters Company, Infantry Regiment - Vehicle Loading Table
Medical Detachment, Infantry Regiment - Vehicle Loading Table
Inf Equipment - Footlocker, Wall Locker,
Bed, and Personal Gear Inspection Layout
Rifle and Weapons Platoons Hasty Defense - Infantry School - Ft. Benning - Quick Entrenching, Obstacles, and more. 1942
The Rifle Platoon and Squad in Offensive Combat - Infantry School - Ft. Benning - principles and methods of employment of the rifle platoon and squad in offensive combat.
Infantry Drill Regulations
Drill for Foot Troops - Squad
Added various Links & a couple of webrings
Infantry Drill Regulations
Fall In - Booklet given to new recruits
by The America Legion. Covers basic info, terms, pay, etc for the new soldier,
How to Tie A ... - Illustrated instructions on how to tie a Regular, Windsor, and Bow Tie
FM 105-5 - Umpire Manual. 10 March 1944. Rules, etc for Military Training Exercises.
Jeep Restoration - Added "In Use" photos of the jeep at WW2 living histories, etc.
Added New Paperwork -See master list
of printable paperwork
Revised Combat Formation to include scouts reconnaissance of woods.
Use of the Compass - Basics on using a compass and orienting your map
Scouting and Patrolling - Training for all Infantrymen
Messages & Reports - How a Scout can prepare concise and accurate messages and reports.
Carlisle Bandage - How to apply
the Carlisle Bandage.
Knots & Lashing - Basic knot tying and some illustrated uses.
Scouts' Observations - Scout's observations and the 3 ways to report his findings
Rifle Grenade - Basics on loading & firing the M1903 Rifle Grenade
Rocket Launcher (Bazooka) - Basics on loading & firing the 2.36" Bazooka